Thursday, March 8, 2012

-MOVIE- The Notebook Review


"That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is."
This line here just stuck to my mind when I watched this. I could just feel the hope coming from it.

Okay. Okay. Before we jump into any conclusions, no girl made me watch this. I just happen to pass by a friend watching this and I watched it myself. I borrowed it and watched the whole film. But in all fairness? It's a great film. So here's a short review about it.

This film was based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks of the same name which was released in 1996, with the film last 2004. The two main characters were portrayed by Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams. The movie tells the story of an old man telling another story to an old woman about two lovers and their trials (Gosling and McAdams).

First things first, the storyline. Pretty much predictable. Basic "Romeo and Juliet" concept. But this film was revamped to a "different" style. They added a "storytelling" effect with the constant twists one expects.

Its setting was in the WWII era. So you won't be able to see modern age technology. They used old kind of fashion in clothing, vintage cars, the vocabulary, and of course the scenery. It was pretty much done accurately, so no complaints here.

The soundtrack is beautiful. There was the constant playing of Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 4, which fit well into the scenes, due to McAdams portraying a girl who knows how to play the piano. If I remember correctly, not a joyful melody was played here. All were melancholic with minor tunes. But I find it perfect.

So that's pretty much it. I couldn't talk about the movie that much, and I don't know why. I wish I could, I really do. I heard that it made some people cry, but I didn't, and again I don't know why. To be honest, though, it is a pretty touching movie and I could feel myself "touched" by it. So watch it. Pretty great film. Have yet to read the novel, so check out if I might make a review of it too. See ya!

-Mikey McMike

No comments:

Post a Comment